Job Title: Financial Risk & Compliance Manager
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
Providing support for the UK’s biggest charities. We are a start-up dedicated to building new technologies that connect donors with wonderful causes.
Since 2016, we have dedicated ourselves to solving the negative impact a cashless society is having on the charity sector. By harnessing the power of contactless technology, our products are helping some of the UK’s biggest charities receive up to 64% more in donations. Together, we are shaping the future of fundraising.
We are growing fast. We have got over 1,500 clients on our books and we are planning to turn over £2 million in the next 12 months. This year, we are planning to take our company global with a whole range of new products and services. We have got big ambitions, and we need a Financial Risk & Compliance Manager to take ownership for all areas of Financial Compliance, including FCA reporting and ensure submissions are accurate and submitted on time.
As a Financial Risk and Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for implementing and managing a suite of tools to ensure we adhere to our fiduciary responsibilities and our commitment to the financial regulations and compliance requirements of our sector.
You will work closely with several teams across the business including Finance, Tech, Operations, Sales, and Marketing and 3rd Party consultants to develop and enhance our regulatory risk framework and provide mentoring and education across the business on risk monitoring and financial compliance and to promote a culture of awareness and diligence with regards Financial Risk and Compliance throughout the organisation.
- Be responsible for all FCA reporting and ensure submissions are accurate and submitted on time.
- Liaise with our Acquirers, Suppliers and 3rd parties to ensure Financial Compliance is incorporated throughout the whole eco system.
- Provide Audit Reports to any of our Acquirers as requested.
- Take on and own new challenges that arise in any area of the Financial compliance programme on a project basis.
- Take a problem-solving approach, whether designing a new process to be implemented or driving an effort for multiple teams to work together to meet new regulatory requirements.
- Enhance our controls library and evaluate and document our regulatory risk assessment process.
- Implement and embed the regulatory compliance Risk Framework, Standards and Procedures.
- Build trust within our teams: manage and coordinate meaningful risk assessments - helping to educate on the methodology and approach.
- Proactively communicate solutions to address control gaps or how our processes can be enhanced.
- Design and work with other teams to implement and maintain management information (MI) that enables the Board and leadership team to make informed decisions and contribute to the Compliance framework.
- Oversee and maintain a healthy compliance culture throughout the organisation.
- Adapt your focus on different compliance issues depending on growth plans and compliance needs.
- Coming from a background in either: financial regulation, compliance or legal you will be familiar with regulatory expectations of the FCA and Fraud and Risk Management
- You have worked in a Financial Regulation Advisory, Risk or Governance role.
- Diligent, methodical, and always looking for the best ways of working to increase efficiency.
- You translate the benefits of financial compliance into intuitive propositions that demonstrate customer value.
- You can break complex problems into smaller logical ones and prioritise them with data.
- You build strong rapport with people and quickly make them feel at ease.
- You are curious in nature and interested in making an impact.
- You can demonstrate the influence you have had on projects you have been involved in.
- You can make a good business case and convince people to help you execute.
- Ability to thrive in fast moving, changing, highly dynamic and unstructured environments.
- You have an analytical approach with the ability to identify insights to reduce risk.
- You hustle, take ownership, and get things done.
What can we offer?
- Flexible working – you choose the hours you work, providing the required hours per week are met and the tasks achieved then how you do it is at your discretion.
- Remote working – we have a central office in Harlow but many of our colleagues continue to work from home and are geographically dispersed, but there may be a need to travel as the needs of the business dictate.
- Total ownership of the role, this is a new position with limitless possibility on how it is structured.
- An excellent opportunity to join an exciting and innovative company, past the growing pains of a start-up and now enjoying the challenges of a scale up.
- The chance to do some good, every single organisation we work with is fundraising for amazing, worthwhile causes, we must take a step back sometimes to recognise that every day, we are helping people who are helping others.
- Hardwork and challenge but always fun – we are a close “family” who support each other personally and professionally and genuinely love what we do and those we work with.