£85,000 to £100,000 plus bonus structure scheme and company benefits
A start-up/scale-up dedicated to building new technologies that connect donors with wonderful causes.
Since 2016, we’ve dedicated ourselves to solving the negative impact a cashless society is having on the charity sector. Together, we’re shaping the future of fundraising.
You’re not just helping my client succeed - you’re helping charities all over the UK access the funds they need to keep doing great work. You’ll be part of a supportive, close-knit team of people, all working towards the same goal and all willing to help one another out. We don’t believe in hierarchies or office politics - that’s why, you’ll have the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
How can you help our cause?
We’re growing fast. And this year, we’re planning to take our company global with a whole range of new products and services. We’ve got big ambitions, and we need an experienced Sales Director to help steer the ship, providing key business expertise and know-how to complement our existing management team.
Who are we looking for?
This is a key role and an opportunity to take on the challenge of transforming a rapidly growing, UK-based start-up into a large, international business. That’s why we need someone with solid experience in a similar role, ideally with a track record in a heavily regulated industry - Saas experience would be a huge bonus. You’ll need strong commercial acumen, the confidence to challenge our way of thinking and make improvements, the ability to delegate, mentor and offer feedback to your team and the business.
- You will create/define the overall long-term go to market (GTM) strategy and vision (together with the CEO and Founders); playing a key role in the future direction of the business.
- You will own and deliver the Sales strategy and roadmap, working closely with the SMT on key areas.
- Report to the board on sales performance, pipeline and strategy.
- Work with the sales team to increase the average revenue per account.
- Work with the marketing team to increase lead velocity rate.
- As much as possible encourage marketing automation across the full salecycle
- Ownership of the sales process, from lead gen to close for paying customers.
- Work closely with Marketing/Product on user acquisition, adoption and retention.
- Coaching, motivating and empowering the managers and the overall revenue team, to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Design an organisation and recruit a team across marketing, business development, partnerships and sales.
- Implement a scalable and a replicable process to generate opportunities and close business in a predictable way.
- Provide forecasting and reporting of performance to the CEO and COO.
- Maintaining overall commission plan strategy and making improvements as the team grows.
- Preparation of sales reporting & forecasting and driving transparency of communication of performance.
- Build upon our consultative sales process to remain competitive and innovative.
- Leading pipeline reviews including lost deal analysis and retrospectives
- People leadership and strong communication skills - you will be a strong leader, coach and manager, with a proven track record in attracting, recruiting, managing and developing outstanding talent.
- Customer-centricity and data-driven approach - you will have a passion for understanding and exceeding the expectations of customers, and use data to make the right decisions. KPI and metrics-driven; aligns business needs, customer insights and product strategy.
- Culture, mission and values fit - you will embody the company culture and be passionate about helping it achieve its vision. You will be humble, self-starting, positive, high-energy, collaborative, and action oriented.